What you need to prepare
1. Accomplished renewal form (you can get it there also at the mall)
2. 2x2 ID picture
3. Wear something with a collar (for picture taking)
1. Once you've filled up the form give it to the lady at the desk
(they don't hand out numbers so your filled up form serves as your line in the queue once submitted)
2. Sometimes they say it's offline so you have to wait
(again make sure you give your form to the person at the desk;)
3. Pay the money asked. (P500/550 I forgot).
4. Have your picture taken.
5. Keep the receipt for claiming it.
Compared to going to the PRC office at Iloilo last January 2013, I couldn't even get inside the PRC building! So this was a vast improvement.
I only think they should hand out numbers as well when renewing at the mall. I was a bit irked because I was sitting there waiting and no one told me that it was already "online". I had to ask again and they told me it was. People who came later than me got ahead because no one told me that I had to hand back the accomplished form to the person at the desk.
In short, I think they should post some guidelines so people would be guided. I think a lot of people would be renewing at the malls in the future because of the convenience so they should put up a system of sorts.