Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Poison Princess - Kresley Cole



I'm a huge fan of Kresley Cole. All her books, especially the Immortals after Dark series, have never disappointed me, but I was a bit doubtful at first when I first scanned the synopsis, as well as the first pages of the book.

It is written in the first person POV narrative.
The character were in their teens 16-18 years old, I believe.
It was a post-apocalyptic book.

But as I flipped through the pages, I became so engrossed with it, I could hardly put it down. Now I wish the next book was out because I want to know what happens next.

Here's a bit of a summary of Poison Princess;

Evangeline Greene is one of your 'popular' girls. But she's not mean. She's hiding a secret though... she's been having hallucination that sent her to an institution for one summer to have her 'cured'.

Her hallucinations though were visions of whats to come. A major wipe out of everything, they call 'Flash'. In the new world post flash, water, food and female are scarce. Because of the lack of food, some people have become zombies or rather they call them Baggermen (will recheck this one).

Think Resident Evil x the Walking Dead x Mari from Wicked Deeds on a Winter Night (cause the heroine reminded me of her) x Tarots x High school of the dead (anime)

There's also a love story thrown into the mix as well as a lot of heavy choices, the heroine has to make.

Though the ending was a cliffhanger, I didn't feel cheated by it because a lot was happening throughout the whole book. Grab your own copy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment